The Countdown is on to #AASBSummerConference!
Join us June 18 - 20 at the Lodge at Gulf State Park for AASB's 2021 Summer Conference! Arrive a day early and attend the School Law Clinic on Thursday, June 17, our popular early bird workshop featuring local school board attorneys and experts with guidance on a variety of legal issues of importance to school boards.
What’s New for Summer Conference 2021?
IMPORTANT: This year's Summer Conference will feature several new scheduling and attendance options. Please read the following information carefully.
- New Location: The Lodge at Gulf State Park, a Hilton hotel (NOTE: you must first register for the Conference before booking a room
at the Lodge.)
- Multiple Attendance Options: In-person and virtual attendance options for the School Law Clinic and Summer Conference
- Early Bird: The Law Clinic will be on Thursday, June 17 from 1 - 5 p.m. Lunch is included.
- Morning & Afternoon Schedule Tracks: Friday and Saturday will feature two schedule tracks for in-person attendees -- a morning
track (breakfast is included) and an afternoon track (lunch is included). Both tracks feature the same speakers and session topics. In-person attendees
will register for and attend ONE of the two schedule tracks. For example, if you select the morning track, you will attend the Friday and Saturday
morning sessions only.
- Bonus Sunday Program (optional): This session is open to all in-person attendees. Breakfast is included. Please note, there is not a virtual option for Sunday's session.
Health & Safety Precautions
The health and safety of AASB's members and staff are our highest priorities. AASB has meticulously planned this year's conference to incorporate recommended health guidance to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Per CDC recommendations, facial coverings are strongly encouraged for people who are not fully vaccinated or those with compromised immune systems.
Vendors: Exhibit Booth Registration
Don’t miss your chance to build relationships with Alabama’s school board members and superintendents! AASB's Summer Conference is expected to draw more than 500 local education leaders representing virtually every public school system in the state. We are pleased to offer up to 25 exhibit spaces as well as wonderful opportunities for event sponsorship! The deadline to register for an exhibit booth is Friday, May 28. Act quickly because booth locations are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Exhibit booths are currently sold out.
Thursday, June 17: School Law Clinic (IN-PERSON or VIRTUAL)
- In-person: NOTE: We have reached in-person capacity for the Law Clinic. You may register for the virtual option below.
- Virtual Option: Register Now
Friday, June 18 & Saturday, June 19: Summer Conference (IN-PERSON)
Friday and Saturday will feature two schedule tracks for in-person attendees -- a morning track (includes breakfast) and an afternoon track (includes lunch). Both tracks feature the same speakers and session topics.
NOTE: We have reached in-person capacity for both the morning and afternoon conference tracks. You may register for the virtual option below.
Friday, June 18 & Saturday, June 19: Summer Conference (VIRTUAL)
- Virtual Option (offered in afternoon only): Register Now
Sunday, June 20: Bonus Session (IN-PERSON ONLY)
This optional session is open to ALL in-person attendees. There is not a virtual option for Sunday's program.
- Sunday Morning Bonus Session: Register Now
The Lodge at Gulf State Park
21196 E Beach Blvd
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
NOTE: The AASB room block at the Lodge at Gulf State Park has now sold out.
Brett Robinson Rentals
AASB has arranged a special 10% discount for condos booked through Brett Robinson rentals.
IMPORTANT: You can visit the Brett Robinson Rentals website to view properties; however, reservations must be made by phone to receive the 10% discount.
Group Code: AASB AL School Board Conference 2021 ID#195 (10% discount)
The call center is available for reservations every day from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. every day, including weekends and holidays.
SPEAKERS & PRESENTATIONS
Law Clinic Speakers
Social Media & First Amendment Issues
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
Discipline of Special Education Students
Responding to Cyber Attacks
Instructional Coach for Equity, Inclusion &
|Founder & CEO,
Harvard Diversity Project
Founder and President of the Center
|Amazon Best-Selling Author &
Back to Top