The Countdown is on to #AASBSummerConference!
Registration opens Monday, March 15 for AASB's annual Summer Conference, which this year will be held at a new location! Make plans to join us June 18
- 20 at the Lodge at Gulf State Park.
Arrive a day early and attend the School Law Clinic on Thursday, June 17, our popular early bird workshop featuring local school board attorneys and experts with guidance on a variety of legal issues of importance to school boards.
What’s New for Summer Conference 2021?
IMPORTANT: This year's Summer Conference will feature several new scheduling and attendance options. Please read the following information carefully.
- New Location: The Lodge at Gulf State Park, a Hilton hotel (NOTE: you must first register for the Conference before booking a room
at the Lodge.)
- Multiple Attendance Options: In-person and virtual attendance options for the School Law Clinic and Summer Conference
- Early Bird: The Law Clinic will be on Thursday, June 17 from 1-5 p.m. Lunch is included.
- Morning & Afternoon Schedule Tracks: Friday and Saturday will feature two schedule tracks for in-person attendees -- a morning
track (breakfast is included) and an afternoon track (lunch is included). Both tracks feature the same speakers and session topics. In-person attendees
will register for and attend ONE of the two schedule tracks. For example, if you select the morning track, you will attend the Friday and Saturday
morning sessions only.
- Bonus Sunday Program (optional): This session is open to all in-person attendees. Breakfast is included. Please note, there is not a virtual option for Sunday's session.
Health & Safety Precautions
The CDC continues to recommend facial coverings and limited in-person capacity to allow for maximum social distancing. While Alabama's statewide mask mandate will end April 9, AASB will continue to follow CDC guidelines for all in-person events until further notice.
Thursday, June 17: School Law Clinic (IN-PERSON or VIRTUAL)
Friday, June 18 & Saturday, June 19: Summer Conference (IN-PERSON)
Friday and Saturday will feature two schedule tracks for in-person attendees -- a morning track (includes breakfast) and an afternoon track (includes lunch). Both tracks feature the same speakers and session topics.
Choose only ONE of the following conference tracks:
- Morning Sessions: The morning schedule track is now full. Please register for the virtual option below or sign up for the in-person waiting list.
- Afternoon Sessions:The afternoon schedule track is now full. Please register for the virtual option below or sign up for the in-person waiting list.
Friday, June 18 & Saturday, June 19: Summer Conference (VIRTUAL)
- Virtual Option (offered in afternoon only): Register Now
Sunday, June 20: Bonus Session (IN-PERSON ONLY)
This optional session is open to ALL in-person attendees. There is not a virtual option for Sunday's program.
- Sunday Morning Bonus Session: Register Now
The Lodge at Gulf State Park
21196 E Beach Blvd
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
NOTE: The AASB room block at the Lodge at Gulf State Park has now sold out. Please stay tuned for a list of nearby hotels.
Brett Robinson Rentals
AASB has arranged a special 10% discount for condos booked through Brett Robinson rentals.
IMPORTANT: You can visit the Brett Robinson Rentals website to view properties; however, reservations must be made by phone to receive the 10% discount.
Group Code: AASB AL School Board Conference 2021 ID#195 (10% discount)
The call center is available for reservations every day from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. every day, including weekends and holidays.
Law Clinic Speakers
|Social Media & First Amendment Issues||Redistricting||Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)|
|Discipline of Special Education Students||Responding to Cyber Attacks|
|Instructional Coach for Equity, Inclusion &
Innovation for Discovery Education
|Founder & CEO,
Harvard Diversity Project
Founder and President of the Center