AASB District Director and Officer Nominations
District Director Nominations
AASB currently is holding director elections for Districts 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. Nomination forms were due to AASB's executive director by Sept. 1 for Districts 1, 5, 7 and 9. The deadline for District 3 was extended due to no nominations being received for that district by the Sept. 1 deadline.
District directors serve two-year terms and can serve two, complete terms.
- Current District 1 Director Shannon Cauley is completing her second full term and is ineligible for another.
- Current District 3 Director Dr. Greg Price is completing his second full term and is ineligible for another.
- Current District 5 Director Renna Soles Scott is completing her first full two-year term and is eligible for another.
- Current District 7 Director Brad Ingle is completing his first full two-year term and is eligible for another.
- Current District 9 Director Beth Wilder is completing her first full two-year term and is eligible for another.
Nominations received as of Thursday, Sept. 10, 2020
To date, the following nomination forms have been received:
- Russell Clausell (Geneva Board of Education)
- Renna Scott *current District 5 Director
- Brad Ingle *current District 7 Director
- Beth Wilder (Huntsville Board of Education) *current District 9 Director
- Rhonda Smith (Boaz Board of Education)
Ballots listing eligible nominees will be mailed to district members by Oct. 1. Each board within a district gets one vote. The board
president will certify that action was taken at a board meeting to choose a candidate, and the ballot must be returned to AASB by Oct. 31. If only one person is nominated, he or she automatically becomes district director.
AASB is seeking nominations for AASB President-Elect. The President-Elect will serve a one-year term. According to AASB's bylaws, candidates for election to an elective office must have served on the AASB Board of Director; however, such service need not be consecutive to the individual's candidacy for or term of elective office.
President-Elect self-nomination forms have been mailed to members and are due to AASB's executive director on or before Sept. 1. Questions can be directed to AASB Executive Director Sally Smith at 334-277-9700 or to Nominating Committee Chair and AASB Immediate Past President James Woosley at 251-281-8539.