Call For AASB District Director and Officer Nominations
District Director Nominations
AASB is accepting nominations or self-nominations of active members interested in serving as director in Districts 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9.
Nomination forms have been mailed and are due to AASB's executive director by Sept. 1. Ballots listing eligible nominees will be mailed to district members by Oct. 1. Each board within a district gets one vote. The board president will certify that action was taken at a board meeting to choose a candidate, and the ballot must be returned to AASB by Oct. 31. If only one person is nominated, he or she automatically becomes district director.
District directors serve two-year terms and can serve two, complete terms.
- Current District 1 Director Shannon Cauley is completing her second full term and is ineligible for another.
- Current District 3 Director Dr. Greg Price is completing his second full term and is ineligible for another.
- Current District 5 Director Renna Soles Scott is completing her first full two-year term and is eligible for another.
- Current District 7 Director Brad Ingle is completing his first full two-year term and is eligible for another.
- Current District 9 Director Beth Wilder is completing her first full two-year term and is eligible for another.
AASB is seeking nominations for AASB President-Elect. The President-Elect will serve a one-year term. According to AASB's bylaws, candidates for election to an elective office must have served on the AASB Board of Director; however, such service need not be consecutive to the individual's candidacy for or term of elective office.
President-Elect self-nomination forms have been mailed to members and are due to AASB's executive director on or before Sept. 1. Questions can be directed to AASB Executive Director Sally Smith at 334-277-9700 or to Nominating Committee Chair and AASB Immediate Past President James Woosley at 251-281-8539.