Hiring Entity: Tuscaloosa County Board of Education
Job Brochure: View Online
Search Posted: 20-Jan-2021
Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2021
Job Search Feed: Click for RSS Link
The Tuscaloosa County School System is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Chief School Financial Officer.
The ideal candidate will have a record of accomplishment in his/her current position as a proven manager of budget and fiscal affairs. No candidate shall be denied employment, re-employment, advancement or evaluations, nor shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis of sex, age, marital status, race, religion, national origin, ethnic group or disability.
The minimum salary is $124,000.00 and negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
1. Hold the current required Certification of CSFO designation from Alabama State Department of Education (preferred);
2. Three years of experience in a business-related field with three years of experience in governmental accounting preferred;
3. Completion of the Alabama State Department of Education’s required Certification of CFSO designation within the first three years of employment and meeting annual requirements to maintain this designation thereafter;
4. One or more of the following:
a. Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a concentration in a business-related curriculum (accounting, finance, business administration, etc.) including at least 9 semester hours in accounting;
b. Hold a MBA or other graduate degree in a business-related field from a regionally accredited institution;
c. Be a Certified Public Accountant.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of accounting laws, policies, rules and regulations.
2. Knowledge of tax laws, reforms and regulations which impact employee benefits, tax forms and related concerns.
3. Knowledge of business techniques and computers at a level required to implement and maintain an automated financial system.
4. Ability to supervise and evaluate personnel assigned to the area of business and finance.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
6. Possess the physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as needed in a fast paced, high-intensity environment.
The application process will be confidential. Only the names of finalists will be announced publicly. Please mail Letter of Interest, Resume, Official Transcript* and copy of Certification Credentials to:
Mr. Ray Ward, Board Attorney
2216 14th Street
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
or, if by email, to:
* An unofficial transcript will be accepted for initial screening purposes
Last Updated 20-Jan-2021 05:20 PM